- RI2.6 Provide a comparison and contrast of a first hand and secondhand account of the same event or topic. Provide a description of the differences in focus and the information presented.
- RI.3.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or
speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- RI.1.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or
technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific
information in the text.
- W.1.2 Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- L.1.1 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking
- L.1.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing
- A.3.8 Explain how the Seminole tribe formed and the purpose for
- A.3.10 Identify the causes and effects of the Seminole Wars.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Define and give examples of firsthand and secondhand accounts
- Explain the benefits and disadvantages of a firsthand account versus a secondhand account
- Using MLK, Jr’s. autobiography and the biography written by his sister compare and contrast one of the events that was described in each text
- Integrate information from both the autobiography and the biography to describe an event in detail
- Use what you learn while reading your biography or autobiography to continue researching for your project. Explain major events that occurred in their life along with what caused them and how the events impacted their life.
- Write an essay to give information on how food affects our bodies negatively and to explain how we can make healthy choices when eating.
- Organize the essay with an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion related to the topic
- Use correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling when writing
- Outline the events and conflicts leading up to the First Seminole War
- iReady reading practice
- Small-group book studies
- Seesaw assignment
- Biography Project
- Compare/contrast firsthand and secondhand accounts on Seesaw
- Harlem Renaissance Nearpod
- Compare/contrast the music during the Harlem Renaissance with music today
- Biography project research
- Compare/Contrast firsthand and secondhand MLK, Jr. accounts
- Continue work on biography project research guide (will be due next week)