- RI3.8 Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text
- L3.4a Use context to determine the meaning of unknown words and phrases
- L3.4b Use common, grade-appropriate Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word
- RI.1.3: Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happened and why, based on specific information in the text.
- W1.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences
- b. Use dialogue and description to develop experiences and events or show the responses of characters to situations.
- c. Use a variety of transitional words and phrases to manage the sequence of events.
- d. Use concrete words and phrases and sensory details to convey experiences and events precisely.
- SS3.9 Explain how Florida became a US territory
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Vocabulary words to know: prototype, patent, suffix -or
- Identify cause and effect relationships in Kid Inventors by explaining what happened and why
- Students will discuss answers to text-based questions and make inferences about the informational book
- Write hooks for narrative writing given a topic
- Compile a list of transitions to use in narrative writing
- Lear how to use vivid, sensory details to enhance writing
- Students will identify the role of Florida on the British side in the American Revolution. They will learn about significant points of the war and the outcome that returned Florida to the Spanish.
- Identify causes of American Revolution
- Read Kids at Work-vocabulary activity for
- Tuesday-Thursday: Center Work
- Teacher-led small group
- Reading centers
- Group collaboration
- Monday: Mastery Connect Test on “Explaining how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text”, “Identify the text structure”, “Use context clues to find the meaning of unknown words”, and “Identify the meaning of Greek and Latin roots”
- Thursday: Reading Centers
- Friday: Kid Inventors Test
- American Revolution crossword puzzle
Required centers: ELA Center ChecklistKid