- RL.2.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in mythology (e.g., cast of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text
- L3.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 4 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies.
- RL.1.1: Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RL.1.3: Describe in depth a character, setting, or event in a story or drama, drawing on specific details in a text (e.g., a character’s thoughts, words, or actions).
- SL2.5 Add visual displays to presentations to enhance
- W1.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences
- L1.1 and 1.2 Demonstrate command of English grammar and usage, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
- W1.2 Write informative texts to examine a topic and convey information
- W1.2a Demonstrate effective organization by grouping information clearly; add illustrations and multimedia to aid comprehension
- W3.7 Conduct research projects that build knowledge through investigating different aspects of a topic
- W2.6 Use technology to produce and publish writing
- SS5.1 Describe Florida’s involvement in the Civil War
- RL2.4 Demonstrate the ability to determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in mythology (e.g., Herculean).
- L3.4 Demonstrate the ability to determine the meaning of words and phrases, using context (e.g., definitions, examples, or restatements in text).
- RL1.1 provide references to details and/or examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences
- Continue work on the write your own half-blood adventure assignment. Write about 3 rising actions and the conclusion.
- Edit and revise story
- Type story in book format and illustrate
- Summarize FL’s involvement in the Civil War