Week 37 5-21
This is the last full week of school! It’s hard to believe that we’ve already made it to this point.
Friday is Field Day. Wednesday is Early Release.
|Unit of Instruction||Measurement Review& Nutrition Label math/Physical Science review/Cape Canaveral Impact|
Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; L, mL; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. MAFS.4.MD.1.1
Keep records that describe observations made, carefully distinguishing actual observations from ideas and inferences about the observations.SC.4.N.1.6
SS.4.A.8.3 Describe the effect of the United States space program on Florida’s economy and growth.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• know relative size of length units within one system.
• convert larger units of length measure into smaller equivalent units
• use the four operations to solve word problems involving distances (i.e., inch, feet, yard, mile; millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer), including problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit.
• record observations of an object and/or an event in a science notebook using a variety of data collection tools (e.g., diagrams, charts, graphs).
• make inferences based on observations.
• distinguish observations from inferences.
• discuss the development of the national space program.
• identify how the national space program impacts Florida’s economy and population
Inference vs Observation
IXL due Friday T.13, M.6, N.2, N.11 to 90. 5th Grade G.4, G.5 to 80.
Green sheet due Thursday
Nutrition Packet due Friday