|Subject Area||Math/Science/Social Studies|
|Unit of Instruction||Multiplying fractions by a whole number/The Plant Life Cycle|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• Interpret an equation involving multiplying a fraction by a whole number as a verbal comparison
• Represent verbal statements of multiplicative comparison involving multiplying a fraction by a whole number as a multiplication equation (e.g., Rob’s stick is 6 times as long as Todd’s. Todd’s stick is 1 5 yard long. A multiplication equation that represents the situation is 6 x 1 5 = 6 5 .)
• Review that all living things have a life cycle.
• Review the ways plants can reproduce: flowering and non-flowering with cones and spores
• Explore life cycles of various plants found in Florida (e.g., orange tree, pine tree, hibiscus).
• Diagram the major stages in the life cycles of plants. (seed seedling mature plant flower or cone).
• Compare the major stages in the life cycles of Florida plants, both flowering and nonflowering seed-bearing plants (e.g., daisies and pine trees).
Make-up work and missing assignments due Thursday