Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content.
|Subject Area||ELA/Social Studies|
|Unit of Instruction||Poetry/Explorers|
- RL1.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says
explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- RL1.2 Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text;
summarize the text.
- RL2.5 Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text.
- LAFS.4.W.1.1: Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- SS.4.A.3.1 Identify explorers who came to Florida and the motivations for their
- SS.4.A.3.2 Describe causes and effects of European colonization on the Native
American tribes of Florida.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Identify the structural elements of poetry and use them to better understand a poem’s meaning
- Use the elements of poetry to write original poems, answer text-based questions about poems; identify the theme of a poem; identify the point of view of a poem
a. Introduce a topic clearly and group related information in paragraphs and sections; include formatting (e.g., headings), illustrations, and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension. b. Develop the topic with facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples related to the topic. c. Link ideas within categories of information using words and phrases (e.g., another, for example, also, because). d. Use precise language and domain-specific vocabulary to inform about or explain the topic.
- Research a famous explorer significant to Florida. Identify reasons for their expeditions, interaction with Native Americans, and any conflicts they had.
- Iready- 45 minutes
- Centers- poetry, ready reading, IXL L.1, L.2, M.3
- Spanish Explorers research project (In class)
- A Christmas Carol Writing Prompt
- Figurative Language packet
- Poetry folder
- Poem for group performance
- Ready Reading Lesson 19
- Poetry Assessment
- Poetry Flocabulary quiz
- Spelling Test
- Doc- teach
- don- give
- donat- give
- duc- bring
- fac- make, do