|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Addition and subtraction/word problems/motion/balance/heat|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• solve multi-step word problems (i.e., up to 3 steps) that involve the four operations using strategies for this grade level (e.g, rectangular arrays, area models, properties of operations, standard algorithm for addition and subtraction, etc.).
• represent a multi-step word problem using equations involving a variable represented by a letter for the unknown number.
• interpret remainders that result from multi-step word problems.
• assess the reasonableness of answers to multi-step word problems using estimation strategies and mental computation prior to calculation.
• apply an understanding of addition and subtraction, place value, and flexibility with multiple strategies to use the standard algorithms for addition and subtraction.
• describe an object’s position and motion in space.
• explain that motion is a change of an object’s position.
• demonstrate that moving objects always change position.
• demonstrate that moving objects may change
• explain that the speed of an object is determined by the distance it travels within a unit of time.
• investigate and compare the speeds of different objects by measuring the distance each object travels during a set amount of time using tools and technology.
• investigate and compare the speeds of different objects by measuring the amount of time it takes each object to travel a set amount of distance using tools and technology.
• display obtained speeds in chart, table and graph format. direction.
Adding and subtracting multi-digit numbers
Volusia Math Test
IXL.com in class practice
Multiplication word problems
Adding and subtracting
Math Vocab test
Bill Nye: Momentum
Newton’s Laws of Motion
Car motion activity
Momentum Vocab test
All About Heat
Study math vocab words