|Subject Area||Math and Science|
|Unit of Instruction||Decimals/Life Cycles|
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• demonstrate place value of decimals through the hundredths using concrete materials (e.g., decimal grids, base ten blocks, number lines).
• translate a fraction with a denominator of 10 or 100 into its equivalent decimal form.
• translate a decimal to the tenths or hundredths place into its equivalent fraction form.
• represent a decimal value on a number line.
• explore life cycles of various animals living in Florida.
• describe complete metamorphosis (4 stages) using animals that undergo this change (e.g., butterflies, frogs, flies, ants).
• describe incomplete metamorphosis (3 stages) using animals that undergo this change (e.g., grasshoppers, cockroaches, dragonflies).
• compare and contrast differences in body structures of the different stages (egg, larva, pupa, adult, nymph).
• differentiate between the major stages in life cycles of Florida animals including, but not limited to, those that undergo incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
Less than, more than, equal to one half
Converting fractions to decimals
The story of the butterfly
The life cycle of the honeybee
Bill Nye: life Cycles
IXL.com Y section