- Demonstrate, without prompting, procedures expected in class, rehearsal, and performance with independence.
- Sustain focused attention, respect, and discipline during classes and performances.
- Practice a variety of dance sequences to increase agility and coordination in movement patterns.
- Develop proper body alignment and posture, as related to dance
- Learn the meaning of dance terminology and associate the words with the steps
- Understand the structure of a dance class
- Develop a foundation for technique in ballet and jazz.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- To establish the rules, procedures, and expectations of dance class.
- To begin learning dance terminology
- To become familiar with proper dance warm up
- To begin training technique in ballet and jazz.
- Ballet barre, center, across the floor
- Vocabulary discussion, activity, cards, and quizzes
- Jazz warm up, center, across the floor
- Group choreography activities
- Dance Conditioning
Class participation daily
Vocabulary quiz on 8/29 and 9/19
Test on 9/27 or 9/28 (depending on which class period you are in)