MAFS.7.NS.1.2: Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division and of fractions to multiply and divide rational numbers. Understand that multiplication is extended from fractions to rational numbers by requiring that operations continue to satisfy the properties of operations, particularly the distributive property.
MAFS.7.EE.1.1: Apply Properties of operations as strategies to add, subtract, factor, and expand linear expressions with rational coefficients.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to apply commutative, associative, additive inverse, and distributive properties to solve addition and subtraction of rational numbers.
- Students will be able to identify the different parts of an expression including constants and variable terms, like terms, and coefficients.
- Students will play Distributive Property Bingo–they will apply the distributive property and then find the correct answer on their “Matho” board
- I will introduce the concept of combining like terms by helping students identify the variable in an expression, the coefficient, as well as the constant.
- We will use the image of a fast food order to understand how we combine burgers with burgers (b), fries with fries (f), and drinks with drinks (d)
- Students will begin the Like Terms Create and Color Activity
- Students will complete the Like Terms Create and Color Activity
- When finished, students will work on iReady
- Like Terms Create and Color Activity due on September 27.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.