MAFS.7.NS.1.2: Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division and of fractions to multiply and divide rational numbers. Multiply positive and negative integers using properties of operations.
MAFS.7.NS.1.1: Apply and extend previous understandings of addition and subtraction to add and subtract rational numbers. Understand subtraction of rational numbers as adding the additive inverse, p – q = p + (-q).
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to multiply and divide positive and negative numbers correctly, understanding that two negatives will result in a positive and one negative and one positive will result in a negative.
- Students will be able to add and subtract with negative numbers.
- Students will understand that when we add one positive and one negative, we subtract and keep the sign of the bigger number.
- Students will understand that subtracting is the same as adding the opposite (the additive inverse).
- Students will rotate through four stations, doing a mathspace on adding integers, subtracting integers, multiplying integers, and dividing integers.
- Then we will play trashketball–students will be given two integers and they will need to add, subtract, multiply, and divide those two integers
- We will continue the trashketball game from Monday
- 5 students will go to the student success center to finish their iReady diagnostic
- remaining students will continue playing trashketball to practice applying the various operations to integers and the different rules about negatives
- No assignments due–we had issues with mathspace accounts between their two math classes, so students were not able to complete all four assignments
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.