MAFS.7.RP.1.3: Use proportional relationships to solve multi-step ratio and percent problems, including simple interest, tax, markups and markdowns, gratuities and commissions, fees, percent increase and decrease, and percent error.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will use proportional reasoning to solve real-world percent problems, including those with multiple steps, such as markups, markdowns, commissions, and fees.
- Students will recall how to convert from ratio to decimal to percent form.
- Students will solve percent of increase/decrease problems.
- We will learn the two different ways of calculating discounts (either by finding the percent of the discount and subtracting or by subtracting the discount percent from one hundred and then finding the percent of the total cost that one would actually pay)
- Students will work on a packet related to discounts where they will find the total cost to decorate a Christmas tree (they will find the cost of each item and then calculate discounts, then find the new cost, then calculate the tax, and then find the final cost)
- Students will do IXL’s H.2 and H.7 (sixth grade) on multiplying and dividing decimals
- If they finish, they can finish Christmas tree activity
- Students will work on iReady for forty-five minutes and then complete any other missing work.
- Terry’s Trees and Trimmings Activity due Thursday, December 13.
- IXL H.2 (sixth grade) due December 17.
- IXL H.7 (sixth grade) due December 17.