MAFS.7.G.1.1: Solve problems involving scale drawing of geometric figures, including computing actual lengths and areas from a scale drawing and reproducing a scale drawing at a different scale.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will be able to solve problems with scale drawings of geometric figures.
- Students will compute actual lengths and area from a scale drawing.
- Students will reproduce a scale drawing using a different scale.
- Students will understand scale factor to be the constant of proportionality.
- I will introduce scale drawings and we will look at maps and practice using the scale on the map to determine distances between places.
- We will watch a Khan Academy video on scale drawings.
- Students will do a scale drawing of their ideal bedroom.
- Students will finish their scale drawing and write out the scale measure and actual measure of objects in their room.
- Students will work on iReady for 45 minutes.
- We will begin to talk about angles and look at some angles in the real world to introduce the next standard we will be working on next week.
- Scale drawing of room due on Wednesday, February 27.
- iReady quiz due on February 28.
All IEP and ESOL assignments will be provided daily.