MAFS.7.G.2.5: Use facts about supplementary, complementary, vertical and adjacent angles in a multi-step problem to write and solve simple equations for an unknown angle in a figure.
MAFS.7.G.2.4: Know the formulas for the area and circumference of a circle and solve problems; give an informal derivation of the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- discover the definitions of supplementary, complementary, vertical, and adjacent angles.
- solve multi-step problems by applying what you know about the types of angles.
- explain the relationship between circumference and diameter of a circle using correct mathematical vocabulary.
- solve mathematical and real-world problems by applying the area of a circle and circumference formulas.
- discover through hands-on experience, and explain the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
- We will review solving equations, and finding missing angle measures from equations.
- Students will work on finishing the Angles and Equations Coloring Activity.
- Students will do iReady for 45 minutes.
- Students will finish the Angles and Equations Coloring Activity.
- We will review how to find the area and circumference of a circle.
- We will start the Area and Circumference of a Circle Scavenger Hunt.
- Angles and Equations Coloring Activity due on April 4.
- iReady quiz due on April 4.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.