MAFS.7.G.2.4: Know the formulas for the area and circumference of a circle and solve problems; give an informal derivation of the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- explain the relationship between circumference and diameter of a circle using correct mathematical vocabulary.
- solve mathematical and real-world problems by applying the area of a circle and circumference formulas.
- discover through hands-on experience, and explain the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
- Students will finish IXL’s W.12 and W.13.
- We will watch a short video on slicing cross-sections of 3-d figures and students will do IXL Z.4.
- We will review formulas for area and circumference of a circle and students will do a Scavenger Hunt on circles.
- Students will finish the Scavenger Hunt or IXL’s.
- Students will do 45 minutes of iReady.
- Then we will do a Bubbles Silhouette activity on circles.
- IXL W.12 and IXL W.13 due by April 10.
- IXL Z.4 due on April 8.
- iReady quiz due on April 11.
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.