LAFS.7.RL.2.4, LAFS.7.RI.2.4, Determine the meaning of words in text
LAFS.7.W.1.2d, LAFS.7.W.1.3d Use precise language and vocabulary
LAFS.7.SL.1.1, LAFS.7.SL.1.1 Participate in discussions, come prepared to discuss after reading
LAFS.7.SL.1.1b Follow the rules of speaking and listening in a group
Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says
Provide an objective summary of the text.
My students will learn to discuss important topics and listen to others discuss.
My students will learn to read silently looking for key details and reasons.
My students will learn to find evidence in the texts they read.
My students will practice reading aloud and comprehend what they have read.
My students will learn new words, definitions, and spellings.
My students will learn to write an essay, look for evidence in the texts, and write with descriptive details.
My students will begin to write an essay based on evidence in several texts and videos.
1. wept cried
2. curiosity a strong desire to know something
3. wedge force into a narrow space
4. support give assistance to
5. welcome receive with friendliness
6. torment cause physical or mental suffering and pain
7. fertile mind a mind open to new ideas, a mind that spends time thinking
8. crushed deeply saddened
9. despair hopeless sorrow
10. coping dealing with burdens or situations
11. disability a physical or mental that limits a person’s movements, senses, or activities
12. can-do attitude a great attitude that reflects a person’s positive determination
13. bully someone who uses his strength or position to intimidate another person
14. motivational inspiring
15. vanished disappeared
Monday – Short Town Hall Meeting, essay writing, essay checklist, descriptive writing
HOMEWORK – Read aloud “Different on the Inside” page one to your parent. Parent should sign.
Tuesday – Short Town Hall Meeting, essay writing, essay checklist, finding evidence in texts
HOMEWORK – Read aloud “Different on the Inside” page two to your parent. Parent should sign.
Wednesday – Independent reading, sign up for your next book report. Make up work.
Review Spelling and Vocabulary, essay writing, using multiple cites, filling paragraphs with details
HOMEWORK – Read “Pretzels,” “Hulk,” and “Tale of the Gator” to your parent. Parent should sign.
Thursday – Short Town Hall Meeting, essay writing, citing, Review Spelling and Vocabulary
HOMEWORK – Write Spelling Words 10x each. (If you got 100% on both spelling and vocabulary on last week’s tests, you don’t have to write the words.) Study vocabulary definitions! Parents should sign.
Friday – SPELLING and VOCABULARY TEST, essay writing, writing a conclusion