Fluently divide multi-digit numbers using the standard algorithm.
Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students are successful when they can:
- communicate the meaning of division using appropriate vocabulary.
- understand place value of multi-digit numbers and use it when dividing.
- understand that division is the inverse of multiplication.
- develop fluency with the traditional, standard algorithm for division of multi-digit whole numbers.
- use compatible numbers to estimate the reasonableness of answers.
- Items may only have 5-digit dividends divided by 2-digit divisors or 4-digit dividends divided by 2- or 3-digit divisors.
- Numbers in items are limited to non-decimal rational numbers.
- Answers may or may not contain remainders.
- fluently add and subtract multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm.
- fluently multiply multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm.
- fluently divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm.
- use vocabulary associated with multi-digit computation with multi-digit decimals both orally and in writing.
- Numbers in items must be rational numbers.
- Items may include values to the thousandths place.
- Items may be set up in standard algorithm form.
- Remainders are possible with division.
Monday (Veterans Day Holiday)
Tuesday (6th Period)
- DIA Review
Wednesday (3rd & 6th Periods)
- Scavenger Hunt – Decimal Operations
Thursday (3rd Period) / Friday (6th Period)
- Worksheet – Decimal Operations Maze
- i-Ready IXL Remediation – Students are assigned individual IXLs that help with failed i-Ready lessons
- i-Ready Online Assignments (45 minutes)
- Quizizz – Decimal Operations Homework game
All worksheets and Quizizz Homework Games will be graded.
All accommodations per each individual IEP will be provided each class.