Understand the concept of a unit rate a/b associated with a ration a:b with b not equal to 0, and use rate language in the context of a ratio relationship.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students are successful when they can:
- understand rate as a ratio that compares two quantities with different units of measure.
- understand that unit rates are the ratio of two measurements or quantities in which the second term means “one” such as 60 miles per one hour.
- interpret rate language with the @ symbol or with the words per and/or each.
- recognize a ratio written as a unit rate, explain a unit rate, and give an example of a unit rate.
- convert a given ratio to a unit rate.
- given a ratio, identify the associated rate, and identify the unit rate and the rate unit.
- given a rate, find ratios associated with the rate, where the second term is one and a ratio where both terms are whole numbers.
- recognize that all ratios associated to a given rate are equivalent because they have the same value.
Monday (3rd Period) / Tuesday (6th Period)
- Worksheet – Identify the correct rate
- Quizizz – Rates and Ratios
- Scavenger Hunt – Rates
Wednesday (3rd & 6th Periods) – Early Release Day (40 minute class)
- Worksheet – Unit Rates
Thursday (3rd Period) / Friday (6th Period)
- i-Ready Online Assignments.
All Worksheets, Quizizz assignments and i-Ready Online Assignment Quizzes will be graded.