April 16-20, 2018
Human Body Skeletal System GettingNerdyLLC
|Subject Area||Comprehensive Science I|
|Unit of Instruction||The Human Body|
Identify and investigate the general functions of the major systems of the human body (digestive, respiratory, circulatory, reproductive, excretory, immune, nervous, and musculoskeletal) and describe ways these systems interact with each other to maintain homeostasis.
Define a problem from the sixth grade curriculum, use appropriate reference materials to support scientific understanding, plan and carry out scientific investigation of various types, such as systematic observations or experiments, identify variables, collect and organize data, interpret data in charts, tables, and graphics, analyze information, make predictions, and defend conclusions.
Compare and contrast types of infectious agents that may infect the human body, including viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites.
Explain how body systems are impacted by hereditary factors and infectious agents.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• identify the major systems of the human body, including:
o Musculoskeletal (NOT muscular and skeletal separately)
• describe the general functions of the major systems of the human body
• describe ways that the major systems of the human body interact to maintain homeostasis, such as:
o maintain constant temperature – i.e. sweating while running
o response to stimuli – i.e. pull back after touching a hot surface
• compare and contrast different types of infectious agents that may affect the human body, including:
o virus – i.e. cold
o bacteria – i.e. strep throat
o fungi – i.e. athlete’s foot
o parasite – i.e. cholera
• compare and contrast treatments for viruses versus bacterial infection
• explain how body systems are impacted by hereditary factors and infectious agents, such as:
o cystic fibrosis affects respiratory and digestive systems
o sickle cell anemia affects the circulatory system
o influenza affects the respiratory system
The Digestive System
Skeletons Due from last week.This is homeowrk if not finished yet. See below for a link to print if needed.