|Unit of Instruction||Force and Motion|
SC.6.P.12.1 Measure and graph distance versus time for an object moving at a constant speed. Interpret this relationship.
SC.6.P.13.1 Investigate and describe types of forces including contact forces and forces acting at a distance, such as electrical, magnetic, and gravitational.
SC.6.P.13.2 Explore the Law of Gravity by recognizing that every object exerts gravitational force on every other object and that the force depends on how much mass the objects have and how far apart they are.
SC.6.P.13.3 Investigate and describe that an unbalanced force acting on an object changes its speed, or direction of motion, or both.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• measure and graph distance versus time for an object moving at a constant speed
• analyze and interpret graphs and data tables of distance and time for an object moving at a constant speed
• investigate and describe types of forces, including:
o Forces at a distance: electrical, magnetic, and gravitational
o Contact forces: normal, applied, friction
• explore the Law of Gravity by recognizing that every object exerts gravitational force on every other object and that force depends on how much mass the objects have and how far apart they are
• investigate and explain how an unbalanced force acting on an object changes its speed or direction of motion (or both)
Walking Dead Lab- Students will act as zombies, and walk at different speeds. In groups, students will create distance-time graphs. As a class, we will interpret and discuss the graphs produced.
DIA Review. DIA Force and Motion will be Monday and Tuesday(October 29th and 30th)
Study guide going home Thursday and Friday.
ESE – Special Considerations based on IEP
504– Special Considerations based on Accommodation Plan
ESOL – Appropriate printed material, pre teaching activities, various instructional approaches, student engagement and thinking activities, differentiation, check for content comprehension, resources for assistance, reinforce study skills, linguistic modifications, specific vocabulary, alternative assessment.
Remind Code: @a9ck7