Q2W9 6th Grade Math
Unit 3 Ratios and Unit Rates Study Guide
|Unit of Instruction||Proportionality, Ratios, and Rates|
Compute unit rates associated with ratios of fractions, including ratios of lengths, areas, and other quantities measured in like or different units.
Recognize and represent proportional relationships between quantities.
a. Decide whether two quantities are in a proportional relationship, e.g., by testing for equivalent ratios in a table, or graphing on a coordinate plane and observing whether the graph is a straight line through the origin.
b. Identify the constant of proportionality (unit rate) in tables, graphs, equations, diagrams, and verbal descriptions of proportional relationships.
c. Represent proportional relationships by equations.
d. Explain what a point (x, y) on the graph of a proportional relationship means in terms of the situation, with special attention to the points (0, 0) and (1, r) where r is the unit rate.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• compute a unit rate by iterating (repeating) or partitioning given rate.
• compute a unit rate by multiplying or dividing both quantities by the same factor.
• explain the relationship between using composed units and a multiplicative comparison to express a unit rate.
• use measures of lengths and areas to calculate unit rates with the given context.
• determine whether two quantities are proportional by examining the relationship given in a table, graph, equation, diagram or as a verbal description.
• identify the constant of proportionality when presented with a proportional relationship in the form of a table, graph equation, diagram, or verbal descriptions.
• write an equation that represents a proportional relationship.
• identify proportional relationships and identify the unit rate as the slope of the related linear function
This week we are continuing with our Ratios unit and will be focused on practicing the concepts in class using IXL, MathSpace and worksheets as well as taking notes and completing notebook activities.
Due Friday 12/15/17 “Ratio/Unit Rate Homework”
Test on Friday 12/15/17, see attached for study guide.
Students are able to complete additional practice on both MathSpace and IXL
Teacher Contact information:
**** Accommodations provided as needed