|Unit of Instruction||Curriculum Focus: Florida Standards Assessment Reading Review|
LAFS.6.RL.1.1 and RI.1.1: Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
LAFS.6.RL.1.2 and RL.1.2: provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
LAFS.6.RI.2.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
LAFS.6.L.2.3: Use knowledge of language and its conventions when writing, speaking, reading, or listening.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
Students will provide a statement of a theme or central idea of a text. (RI.1.2 and RL.1.2)
Students will provide a description of how the theme or central idea is conveyed through particular details. (RI.1.2 and RL.1.2)
Students will determine the meaning of words and phrases using the context of the text. (RI.2.4)
Students will cite evidence to support their analysis and the inferences drawn from the text. (RI.1.1 and RL.1.1)
· Show how theme or central idea is conveyed through details. (RI.1.2 and RL.1.2)
· Show knowledge of word meanings using context clues. (RI.2.4)
· Be able to discuss text evidence to support their analysis and inferences from a text. (RI.1.1 and RL.1.1)
· FSA Reading strategies review/practice
· FSA Reading Assessment on Wednesday and Thursday
· Complete all work associated with the excerpt from “Black Ships Before Troy – The Story of the Iliad” and “The Apple of Discord” Poem
Brain Teasers, Greek & Latin Root Words/Vocab Practice
ESE – Special Considerations based on IEP
504– Special Considerations based on Accommodation Plan
ESOL – Appropriate printed material, pre teaching activities, various instructional approaches, student engagement and thinking activities, differentiation, check for content comprehension, resources for assistance, reinforce study skills, linguistic modifications, specific vocabulary, alternative assessment.