Q1 W3 August 26-30
Here is an example of the “Timeline about Me” project due next week.
|Subject Area||World History/ Advanced World History|
|Week #||August 26-30 2019|
|Unit of Instruction||Geography & Research Literacy|
SS.6.W.1.1 Use timelines to identify chronological order of historical events.
SS.6.W.1.3 Interpret Primary and Secondary Sources
SS.6.G.1.1- Use latitude and longitude coordinates to understand the relationship between people and places on the Earth.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- To elaborate on what latitude and longitude lines are, and how we can use them to find the location of places around the world.
- Identify the terms B.C./ B.C.E and A.D./ C.E.
- To identify the differences between maps and globes, types of maps and parts of a map.
- Work on a Nearpod activity on mapping and lines of Latitude and Longitude.
- Complete an Assessment at the end of the week on mapping and geography.
Project: Timeline about Me!
- Students will be given a simple at home project this week. They will have one week to complete the project. Students will need the help of their guardians to complete the project.
- Due Date: Classes 1,2,4 projects are due September 5th Classes 5,7,8 projects are due September 3rd.
- A student will need at least 4 pictures of themselves and or family members (or guardians) if you do not have any photos drawings will be accepted.
- Students must list 8 total events on their timelines. 4 on the “Before Me” side and 4 on the “After Me” side. If you want to include more photos or events that is fine. It is just up to the students and the parent.
- Please label your timeline with events and dates and/or year of the event.
- Please make sure you have on the left of your timeline the “Before me” and on the right the “After me”.
- This is a project to simulate a timeline and what better than to create one based on YOU 🙂
ALL IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.
When a student is absent, it is their responsibility to check the absent files in class and copy notes from a peer. Students will have the number of days absent to complete missing work. If you need any assignments emailed, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check remind for weekly updates @6hisivhawn