ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on iReady and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
3.RL.3.8 Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison…)
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: D.2, D.3
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.
Clumps- groups or clusters
Sprout- to begin to grow
Research- careful study or investigation in order to learn facts
Native- originally living or growing in a place
Shouldn’t- contraction of should not