ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on Iready and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
Words in Context: 3.Rl.2.4
Figure out h meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text.
Distinguish between literal and non-literal language.
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: F.1, F.2, M.1
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.
Wearily – acting very tired
Depart – leave or go away
Suitable – proper or right
Increase – make bigger or greater
Observed – studied carefully
Advised – told what to do
Discouraged – losing hope