ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on Iready and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
What are stories made of? 3.Rl.2.5
Understand that stories can be made a parts called chapters.
Understand the plots of stories.
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: I.1, D.5, S.2, S.3
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.
Preserve- an area set aside for the protection of plants and animals protect from harm
Restore- bring something back to its original condition
Suffered- was damaged or harmed
Rainfall- amount of rain that falls on an area in a period of time