ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on Iready and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
3.RL.2.5 Refer to parts of … poems when writing or speaking about a text using terms such as… stanza; describe how each successive part build on earlier sections.
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: M, F.2, MM.2, KK.1, KK.2
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.
Instance- an example of something
Illustrate-draw a picture to explain or decorate something written.
Style-a particular way of doing something
Textures- the way surfaces feel when you touch them
Sketches- simple drawings that are done quickly
Suggestions- plans or ideas that are offered to others.