This week is review for Spelling and Vocabulary. There will be a summative test for both. We are only putting the words for review that will be on the test.
We will be having a small Friendship’s card exchange at the end of the day February 14th. Keep an eye out for the information flyer and student names.
ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on Iready and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
3.RL.2.6 Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text.
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: G., M., M.2
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.
*Gaze- a steady look or stare
Curiosity- an interesting or strange thing
Discouraged- losing hope
Suitable- proper or right
*Suffered- was damaged or harmed
Preserve- an area set aside for the protection of plants and animals; protect from harm
Aisles- the area between rows of seats or shelves at a store
*Annual- happening once a year
Illustrate- draw a picture to explain or decorate something written
Suggestions- plans or ideas that are offered to others
*Instance- an example of something
Observed- studied carefully
*Politely- in a way that shows good manners
Package- something put in a box or wrapped in paper