There are NO spelling or vocabulary words for this week. It is a review week.
We will have a Summative Assessment for Unit 4 and a Practice FSA Summative.
We will be having a small Friendship’s card exchange at the end of the day February 14th. Flyers with information and student names have been sent out.
ELA Activities: Students will participate in small groups during centers and also practicing on iReady and IXL.
ELA Learning Targets:
Unit 4 review:
Words in context 3.Rl.2.4
What are stories made of? 3.Rl.2.5
What are plays made of? 3.Rl.2.5
What are poems made of? 3.Rl.2.5
Point of View 3.Rl.2.6
Opinion Writing Targets:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons.
- Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
- Provide reasons that support the opinion.
- Use linking words and phrases (e.g., because, therefore, since, for example) to connect opinion and reasons.
- Provide a concluding statement or section.
IXL: P.2, W.3, MM.2, RR.1, NN.2
SS.3.E.1.1 Give examples of how scarcity results in trade. Students will:
- use examples to identify how scarcity results in trade, including, but not limited to, oil, video games, and food.
- define and apply the word scarcity to a specific situation or scenario.