We are looking for a Kindergarten teacher and Custodian. Please click the About Us link at the top, then Employment Opportunities for more information.
Thursday, August 9th
Meet the Teacher: Middle
6th Grade: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Doors open: 9:00 AM
Stations: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Classroom Visitation: 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
7th Grade: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Doors open: 10:00 AM
Stations: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Classroom Visitation: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
8th Grade: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Doors open: 11:00 AM
Stations: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Classroom Visitation: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Friday, August 10th
Meet the Teacher: Elementary
K, A-L: 8:30 AM – 9:40 AM
Parents start at tables at 8:30 AM, then will be escorted to classrooms at 9:00 AM
K, M-Z,/ 1st Grade : 9:30 AM – 10:40 AM
Parents start at tables at 9:30, then will be escorted to classrooms at 10:00
2nd Grade: 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Parents start tables at 11:15 AM, then will be escorted to classrooms at 11:45 AM
3rd Grade: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Parents start tables at 12:00 PM, then will be escorted to classrooms at 12:30 PM
4th Grade: 12:45 PM – 1:45 PM
Parents start tables at 12:45 PM, then will be escorted to classrooms at 1:15 PM
5th Grade: 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
Parents start tables at 1:15 PM, then will be escorted to classrooms at 1:45 PM
*Elementary Electives will be available during each block
Report cards are ready to be picked up. If you sent in a pre-stamped envelope, they are on their way.
School hours for pick up are Monday through Thursday, from 8:00am-3:30pm
FSA scores are available on Parent Portal. If you need your code, please email Mrs. Prettyman.
We will notify you when FSA reports come in and are available to be picked up.
8th Graders: Graduation Pictures are up and ready for purchase!
Also, Middle School dance pictures and Fiddler on the Roof are still available.
Please go to: https://www.bauerphotographycompany.com/
Password is: Hawners
Pictures are found under folders with specific names. Choose size and order!
Congratulations to Mrs. Gregorski for winning the Crystal Apple Award!
Important School Safety Information
- All traffic must enter from Pleasant Street ONLY. Entrances and exits on Lakeview Drive are NOT permitted for Ivy Hawn parents.
- Due to congested traffic and a safety issue, left turns out of Ivy Hawn onto Pleasant Drive from both the front and back lots will no longer be permitted from 7:30a- 8:15am and 3:30 – 4:00pm. All turns will now be right turn only. Please remember that the back parking lot is for staff and buses only.
- Parents are highly encouraged to use the drop-off / pick-up loop.
- Students are only permitted to exit vehicles when directly in front of the building beginning at the Ivy Hawn sign and extending to the last cone. Students may not exit vehicles on the far side of the parent loop.
- Please put the pink parent pick up sign in clear sight on your dashboard or front window. This will expedite the process of having your child ready for pick up.
- If you find it necessary to park and escort your child to the front door, please follow these parking guidelines:
- Do not park in front or across from Creative Arts Early Learning Academy
- Do not park in front of Volusia Academy of Gymnastics and Dance or along the side of the building
- Do not park in front of or directly across from the Power Volleyball facility.
- Acceptable parking is in the lot across from the school on the hill. Please use the walkway to cross.
- Do not walk down through the grass.
- Please only walk your child to the front door. Ivy Hawn faculty will supervise them from that point forward.
- All buses enter from Pleasant Street at the back of the building and exit out Lakeview Drive. The back parking lot is for Faculty & Staff only.
- Parking spots that are in front of the elementary door to the middle school door are to remain open from 2:30 until the pick-up loop is clear.
- Adherence to these guidelines is critical to a smooth, seamless and safe arrival and dismissal process.
Ivy Hawn has been working with the City of Lake Helen to help alleviate traffic for parent drop-off and pick-up. Please click here to see an alternative traffic route offered that you can use.
The safety of your children is our first priority. Please follow the procedures very carefully in order to keep all of our children safe.