Congratulations to our Middle School ESE Rookie teacher of the Year for Volusia County Casandra Sprague!!!! So well deserved!!!!
End of Year Schedule for Material Pick Up and Drop Off, as well as certificates and celebrations:
Golfing For The Arts- Postponed until further notice
New FL Mental Health Mandate
In accordance with the new State of Florida Mental Health mandates, seven hours of instruction in the areas of: Substance Use and Abuse Health Education, Mental and Emotional Health Education, Bullying and Harassment, Child Trafficking Prevention Education and the Sandy Hook Promise, are required of all schools within the State of Florida.
Ivy Hawn has already completed instruction in substance use, bullying, and mental and emotional health. We will be presenting the remainder of the mandates over the next several months.
Ivy Hawn is utilizing a county approved curriculum for the presentation of these lessons. If your child comes home with questions, please talk with them about their concerns. If you have any questions or would like information, please contact Carole Santopietro, Guidance Counselor, via email or at Ext. 124.
School Safety Information
- All traffic must enter from Pleasant Street ONLY. Entrances and exits on Lakeview Drive are NOT permitted for Ivy Hawn parents.
- Due to congested traffic and a safety issue, left turns out of Ivy Hawn onto Pleasant Drive from both the front and back lots will no longer be permitted from 7:30- 8:15am and 3:30 – 4:00pm. All turns will now be right turn only. Please remember that the top lot and back parking lot are for staff and buses only.
- Parents are highly encouraged to use the drop-off / pick-up loop.
- Students are only permitted to exit vehicles on the right side in front of the building beginning at the green zone and ending at the pink zone.
- Please put the green or pink parent pick up sign with last name in clear sight on the right side of your dashboard or front window. This will expedite the process of having your child ready for pick up.
If you find it necessary to park and escort your child to the front door, please follow these parking guidelines:
- Do not park in front or across from Creative Arts Early Learning Academy. STAFF PARKING ONLY
- Do not park in front of Volusia Academy of Gymnastics and Dance or along the side of the building. STAFF PARKING ONLY
- Do not park in front of or directly across from the Power Volleyball facility.
- Acceptable parking is available on Ohio and the Jeep building.
- Do not walk down through the grass- use crosswalks provided.
- Do not use the back of the building as an access road. This is for buses and staff ONLY. All buses enter from Pleasant Street at the back of the building and exit out Lakeview Drive.
- Parking spots in the parent loop are to be clear after 1pm.
- Adherence to these guidelines is critical to a smooth, seamless and safe arrival and dismissal process.
- In cases of emergency, students / faculty / staff / visitors will be staged at City Hall or Volusia Pines Elementary, depending on issue. Families will be notified of changes.
From Lake Helen:
Parents, please use the marked crosswalks to cross Ohio when dropping off and picking up students. In addition to using crosswalks, please keep the elementary front entrance clear for students to exit. Blocking the front doors is prohibiting the students to come out in a safe and secure manner.
Also, using Pleasant Drive as a drop-off is prohibited. For safety reasons, please use the drop-off loop in front of the school by entering and exiting off of Pleasant. This includ/es pick-up for after school activities. This route is safe for our school and the surrounding businesses.
Ivy Hawn has been working with the City of Lake Helen to help alleviate traffic for parent drop-off and pick-up. Please click here to see an alternative traffic route offered that you can use.
The safety of your children is our first priority. Please follow the procedures very carefully in order to keep all of our children safe.