Ivy Hawn Charter School of the Arts is pleased to be able to provide students with technology devices across all classrooms to enhance, enrich, and facilitate learning and communication. The use of any technological device is a privilege extended to students for use inside of the school facility. Each device is provided for use as a productivity tool for academic-related purposes. All devices, related equipment, and accessories are the property of Ivy Hawn and are provided to the students for a period of time as deemed appropriate by the teacher. With privilege comes responsibility and is a condition of use. Students and their parent/guardian will have to comply with and agree to all of the following terms.
The safety and security of our students is of the utmost importance at Ivy Hawn. For this reason, please be reminded of our cell phone policy as outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook. Student cell phones are prohibited from being used during the school day. Here are some important reminders:
- Cell phones are only to be used in the Cafetorium before 7:55am.
- Cell phones should not be out during the school day at any time. They should be turned off and remain in backpacks until dismissal.
- In the event of an emergency, the appropriate school personnel may be contacted at 386-228-3900 (ext. 100 for Elementary and 300 for Middle School).
- Wi-Fi hot spot devices are not on an Ivy Hawn secure network, therefore are prohibited at school.
- Student cell phones may not be used to take pictures or videos during the school day. Ivy Hawn provides devices for this purpose, when appropriate (i.e., photography, yearbook, special projects, etc.).
- According to Volusia County Transportation Policy, no pictures or videos should be taken on the bus at any time for safety and legal reasons.