MAFS.912.G–CO.1.1Know precise definitions of angle, circle, perpendicular line, parallel line, and line segment, based on the undefined notions of point, line, distance along a line, and distance around a circular arc.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- identify the undefined notions used in geometry (point, line, plane, distance) and describe their characteristics
- identify angles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, rays, and line segments.
- define angles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, rays, and line segments precisely using the undefined terms and “if-then” (conditional) and “if-and-only-if” (bi-conditional) statements.
- Teacher will go over class rules and procedures and talk about supplies.
- Teacher will discuss the importance of education and what it takes to get through the Goemetry curriculum map.
- Students will do a 3-D View of You Activity
- Students will do an Equations of Lines Stained Glass Activity
- Students will finish the Equations of Lines Stained Glass Activity
- Students will join their Geometry class on Quizlet
- Students will make flashcards from Quizlet on Unit 1 Vocabulary
- Equations of Lines Stained Glass Window Activity
- Flashcards on Geometry Unit 1 Vocabulary
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.