MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.5: Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
MAFS.912.G-GPE.2.6: Find the point on a directed line segment between two given points that partitions the segment in a given ratio.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- state that parallel lines have the same slope.
- determine if lines are parallel using their slopes.
- write the equation for parallel lines.
- state that perpendicular lines have the opposite reciprocal slopes.(the product of the slopes equals -1).
- determine if lines are perpendicular using their slopes.
- write the equation for perpendicular lines.
- use the slope criteria to prove parallel lines and perpendicular lines.
- find the point on a directed line segment whose endpoints partitions the line segment into a given ratio. This includes:
finding a missing endpoint given a point and the other endpoint.
dividing a segment into thirds, fourths, etc.
given a ratio, one point and one endpoint finding the other endpoint.
- find a ratio when the endpoints and a point on the line segment is given.
- Students will take notes on Equations of Lines and review slope of lines (p. 9 ISN)
- We will do a Point-Slope Form worksheet together
- We will do IXL E.4 together in class
- We will review parallel lines cut by a transversal
- We will do Dance, Dance Transversal
- Students will do some task cards on Equations of Lines
- Students will do IXL E.4
- Task Cards (twelve of them)
- IXL E.4
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.