- MAFS.912.G-CO.1.2: Represent transformations in the plane, describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs, compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not.
- MAFS.912.G-CO.1.4: Develop definitions of rotations, reflections, and translations in terms of angles, circles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, and line segments.
- MAFS.912.G-CO.1.5: Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using graph paper.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will understand how to draw transformations of reflections, rotations, translations, and dilations.
- Students will be able to find the coordinates for the image of a figure when a transformation is applied to the pre-image.
- Students will be able to distinguish between transformations that are rigid and those that are not.
- Students will be able to define pre-image and image, using correct notation.
- Students will be able to model reflections, translations, and rotations by connecting any point on the pre-image to its corresponding point on the new image.
- Students will be able to draw a specific transformation when given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, translation, or dilation.
- Students will take notes on Transformations (rotations)
- We will do IXL L.7 together
- Students will do IXL’s L.8 and L.9
- Students will finish any unfinished IXL’s
- We will play the Transformations Cube game
- Students will play Transformations Speed Dating
- IXL’s L.8 and L.9
- Transformations Speed Dating assignment
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided.