MAFS.912.G-CO.1.2: Represent transformations in the plane using, e.g., transparencies and geometry software; describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs. Compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not (e.g., translation versus horizontal stretch).
- MAFS.G-CO.1.4: Develop definitions of rotations, reflections, and translations in terms of angles, circles, perpendicular lines, parallel lines, and line segments.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- draw transformations of reflections, rotations, translations, and combinations of these using graph paper, transparencies, and/or geometry software.
- find the coordinates for the image (output) of a figure when a transformation rule is applied to the pre-image (input).
- distinguish between transformations that are rigid and those that are not.
- recognize that some transformations preserve distance and angle measure while others do not.
- define pre-image and image, and use correct notation (A vs. A’)
- construct a reflection, translation, and rotation.
- model the reflection definition by connecting any point on the pre-image to its corresponding point on the reflected image and describing the line segment’s relationship to the line of reflection.
- model the translation definition by connecting any point on the pre-image to its corresponding point on the translated image, and connecting a second point on the pre-image to its corresponding point on the translated image, and describing how the two segments are equal in length, point in the same direction, and are parallel.
- model the rotation definition by connecting the center of rotation to any point on the pre-image and to its corresponding point on the rotated image, and describing the measure of the angle formed and the equal measures of the segments that formed the angle as part of the definition.
- Students will take the Geometry DIA #1
- Students will take notes on Transformations (translations)
- We will look at IXL L.2 together
- Students will take notes on Transformations (reflections)
- Students will do IXL’s L.2, L.3, and L.6
- IXL L.2, L.3, and L.6
- Geometry DIA #1
All IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.