MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.8: Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
MAFS.912.G-SRT.3.6: Understand that by similarity, side ratios in right triangles are properties of the angles in the triangle, leading to definitions of trigonometric ratios for acute angles.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- use Special Right Triangles (30°-60°-90° and 45°-45°-90°) to solve for missing side lengths.
- use angle measures to estimate side lengths and vice versa.
- solve right triangles by finding the measures of all sides and angles in the triangles using Pythagorean Theorem and/or trigonometric ratios and their inverses.
- draw right triangles that describe real world problems and label the sides and angles with their given measures.
- solve application problems involving right triangles, including angle of elevation and depression, navigation, and surveying.
- demonstrate that within a right triangle, line segments parallel to a leg create similar triangles by angle-angle similarity.
- use characteristics of similar figures to justify the trigonometric ratios.
- define the following trigonometric ratios for acute angles in a right triangle: sine, cosine, and tangent.
- We will review 45-45-90 Triangles
- We will do the 30-60-90 Special Right Triangles notes packet
- Students will do the 30-60-90 Assignment
- Students will finish the 30-60-90 SRT Assignment
- Students will do IXL Q.4
- Students will create a foldable on Trig Ratios.
- We will watch a video “Gettin’ Triggy Wit It”
- Students will do a Kuta software worksheet on Trigonometry to Find Lengths.
- If they finish, we will do a Trig Ratios Kahoot.
- Students will take notes on Angles of Elevation and Depression.
- Students will do the Trig Scavanger Hunt (will finish next week).
- 30-60-90 SRT Assignment
- IXL Q.4
- Kuta Software Worksheet “Trigonometry to Find Lengths”
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.