Identify and describe relationships among inscribed angles, radii, and chords. (Include the relationship between central, inscribed, and circumscribed angles; inscribed angles on a diameter are right angles; the radius of a circle is perpendicular to the tangent where the radius intersects the circle.)
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- identify inscribed angles, circumscribed angles, chords, tangents and secants.
- describe the relationship between inscribed angle or circumscribed angle.
- recognize that an inscribed angle whose sides intersect the endpoints of the diameter of a circle is a right angle and that the radius of a circle is perpendicular to the tangent where the radius intersects the circle.
- use Pythagorean Theorem to prove lines tangent to a circle at its radius.
- Create flashcards (if you don’t have index cards, you can cut them from paper) or just do them as vocabulary words in your ISN from my set of Circles Vocabulary flashcards on Quizlet. If you have not joined your class on Quizlet, here are the links:
- 3rd period: https://quizlet.com/join/KWj6tbG7G
- 5th period: https://quizlet.com/join/3A6M2ZVa6
- 8th period: https://quizlet.com/join/q8YvFEc7B
- When you go to quizlet, search my name (andreasonk) and you will find the set “Circles Vocabulary” Use this to make flashcards or vocabulary list. (60 minutes)
- Go on Quizlet and study the vocabulary set (you can do learn or match or gravity) (20 minutes)
- Review the measure of a central angle definition (remember that the total of degrees of the central angles of a circle will equal 360–same is true for the total arc measure) (10 minutes)
- Do IXL U.2 (some of the angles or arcs will be defined using an algebraic expression–just write an equation using what you know about the sum of the central angles and arcs and solve for the variable) (30 minutes)
- Review Arc Length and Sector Area foldable in your ISN (p. 48) (10 minutes)
- Watch recorded Zoom video on how to do the IXL (Arc Length Review) (10 minutes)
- Meeting Recording:
- Do IXL U.3 (30 minutes)
- Study vocabulary on Quizlet again (30 minutes)
- Do the Quizizz that has been assigned to your class on Circles Vocabulary (if you never joined your class, you can go to joinmyquiz.com and enter code 71952) (30 minutes)
- Today we will play Quizlet Live on Zoom! There will be two sessions–one at 11:00 and one at 12:00 noon (choose one). I will send Remind messages on Friday morning with the meeting ID and password. If you are not on Remind, I’m begging you to join (text @andreason3 or @andreason5 or @andreason8 to 81010) so that you won’t miss important info and reminders!
- Vocabulary flashcards
- IXL’s U.2 and U.3
- Quizizz on Circles Vocabulary