MAFS.8.SP.1.4: Understand that patterns of association can also be seen in bivariate categorical data by displaying frequencies and relative frequencies in a two-way table. Construct and interpret a two-way table summarizing data on two categorical variables collected from the same subjects. Use relative frequencies calculated for rows or columns to describe possible association between the two.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- understand the use of a two-way table to display bivariate categorical data.
- create a two-way table to record the frequencies of bivariate categorical values.
- determine the relative frequencies for rows and/or columns of a two-way table.
- use the relative frequencies and context of the problem to describe possible associations between the two sets of data.
- Watch (and take notes in your ISN) the LearnZillion video on Setting up a Two-Way Frequency Table: https://learnzillion.com/assignments/TM56323 (30 minutes)
- Finish up an IXL or a Quizizz that you have not completed from the first 3 weeks (30 minutes)
- Watch the LearnZillion video on Interpreting a Two-Way Frequency Table https://learnzillion.com/assignments/YR25538 (10 minutes)
- Sign into Khan Academy and do the assigned video lesson “Two-Way Frequency Tables and Venn Diagrams” and the practice “Read Two-Way Frequency Tables” (if you are not successful, please try again until you level up!) (20 minutes)
- Then, do IXL EE.7 (30 minutes)
- iReady time! Some of you are missing one or more of the iReady assignments. There have been three assigned (one each week) and they are all in Gradebook. Please use today to try to get caught up! (60 minutes)
- Watch the LearnZillion video “Compute Conditional Relative Frequencies:” https://learnzillion.com/assignments/JG58265 (20 minutes)
- Do the quizizz that has been assigned on Two-Way Frequency Tables (if you never joined your class when I asked you to, you may not see it assigned to you–then, just go to joinmyquiz.com and put in the code 318167) (40 minutes)
- Sign up for free on https://sso.prodigygame.com/game/start to start playing Prodigy math. Be sure to use the class code 99EE79 which will align your game with the current standard we are learning for extra practice. Have fun! (60 minutes)
- Khan Academy assigned videos and lessons
- IXL EE.7
- Catch up iReady assignments
- Quizizz on Two-Way Frequency Tables
- Prodigy practice
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.