MAFS.8.G.3.9: Know the formulas for the volumes of cones, cylinders, and spheres and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- describe the similarity between finding the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a right prism. (volume is A*h)
- derive the formula to find the volume of a cylinder, a cone, and a sphere
- Informally prove the relationship between the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a cone with the same base; and the volume of a sphere and the volume or a circumscribed cylinder.
- use the formulas to find the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- solve real-world problems involving the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- Watch and take notes in your ISN on the LearnZillion video on Finding the Volume of a Cylinder: https://learnzillion.com/assignments/D3GK888 (15 minutes)
- Do IXL T.10 Volume of Cylinders (30 minutes)
- Watch the video Popcorn Picker: http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/popcornpicker/ and then think about the formula for Volume of a Cylinder and how that helps us understand which paper “cylinder” contains more popcorn (15 minutes)
- Do the assigned Quizizz “Volume of Cylinders.” If you did not join your class on Quizizz, you will have to go to joinmyquiz.com and enter the code 884745. (30 minutes)
- Watch and take notes in your ISN on the LearnZillion video Finding the Volume of a Cone
- https://learnzillion.com/assignments/9HN6465 (15 minutes0
- Go into Gradebook and find the assignment Volume Notes and click on the attached document. If you are able to print the two pages, print them and fill in the missing information on the blank sheet and color the page. Please put this in your ISN. If you are not able to print, then just use these pages to create your own page of notes with the three formulas and a picture for each. (30 minutes)
- Go to www.khanacademy.com and watch the assigned video “The Volume of a Cone” and then do the practice “Volume of Cones.” (15 minutes)
- Do IXL T.11 Volume of Cones (30 minutes)
- IXL’s T.10 and T.11
- Quizizz “Volume of Cylinders”
- Khan Academy video and practice
- Notes on Volume
- Prodigy practice (45 minutes)
Contact me via Remind with questions: 1st period (@andreason1), 2nd period (@andreason2), 6th period (@andreason6).
All IEP and ESOL accommodations provided daily.