MAFS.8.G.3.9: Know the formulas for the volumes of cones, cylinders, and spheres and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- describe the similarity between finding the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a right prism. (volume is Bh)
- derive the formula to find the volume of a cylinder, a cone, and a sphere
- Informally prove the relationship between the volume of a cylinder and the volume of a cone with the same base; and the volume of a sphere and the volume or a circumscribed cylinder.
- use the formulas to find the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- solve real-world problems involving the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
- Students will do notes on Volume of Prisms and Pyramids
- Students will do IXL V.8
- Students will finish up work on Two-Way Frequency Tables
- Students will take notes on Volume of Cylinders, Cones, and Spheres
- Students will do two Khan Academy practice assignments (Volume of Cylinders and Volume of Cones)
- Students will do the C-Palms tutorial on Volume of Spherical Bubble Tea
- Students will then do IXL V.14 and IXL V.11
- IXL’s V.8, V.14, and V.11
- C-Palms Tutorial on the Volume of Spherical Bubble Tea
- Khan Academy practice assignments (Volume of Cylinders and Volume of Cones)
All IEP and ESOL accommodations are provided daily.
Khan Academy videos – type any topic in search bar followed by Khan Academy to find an instructional video for additional support. https://www.khanacademy.org/
IXL – Provides support for any grade level math standard.
Edgenuity – https://www.edgenuity.com/