Identify and describe relationships among inscribed angles, radii, and chords. (Include the relationship between central, inscribed, and circumscribed angles; inscribed angles on a diameter are right angles; the radius of a circle is perpendicular to the tangent where the radius intersects the circle.)
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- identify inscribed angles, circumscribed angles, chords, tangents and secants.
- describe the relationship between inscribed angle or circumscribed angle.
- recognize that an inscribed angle whose sides intersect the endpoints of the diameter of a circle is a right angle and that the radius of a circle is perpendicular to the tangent where the radius intersects the circle.
- use Pythagorean Theorem to prove lines tangent to a circle at its radius.
Monday: (this is the assignment from last Friday that I pushed back)
- Yes, you are going to go to www.geogebra.com one more time! This time, type in Cyclic Quadrilaterals. Look for the tile with that title that shows it is by Tim Brzezinski. Experiment with that applet to understand the relationship between the opposite angles of a quadrilateral inscribed in a circle.
- Do IXL U.11 on Angles in inscribed Quadrilaterals I. For some of the questions, you will need to think about creating equations to show that two angles are supplementary.
- If you completed all of last week’s work, and you really want to do some Geometry today, you can do IXL U.12 if you would like!
- You are going to write notes or make flashcards on the study set “Three Circle Theorems” on Quizlet–you can go to Quizlet and look up andreasonk and you will find the study set or you can get to it via this link: https://quizlet.com/_8d61tc?x=1jqt&i=1mt90w
- Do IXL U.6 (you will use the flashcards to do this IXL)
- Today, you are going to take notes on six more cards from the Quizlet study set “Secants and Tangents”–you can do the same thing as yesterday (look it up using my username andreasonk) or you can use this link: https://quizlet.com/_8d659l?x=1jqt&i=1mt90w
- Please study these so that you feel like you understand them–tomorrow you will do an IXL
- Please watch the Zoom recorded video I made to help you with this IXL–I show some examples of some of the tricky questions: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/tclaAYz7zTtIH7PQ9GD_AIUBEIjveaa81HQar6YEnR7GhdILKyfZEw4qNvcHJOLN?startTime=1588525098000
- Do IXL U.7
- Today is catch up day! I will also be holding a help Zoom session today at 11:00 in case you need additional help with any of this weeks assignments. So join me on Zoom if you need some help.
- IXL U.11
- IXL U.12 (optional)
- Notes/flashcards on two study sets: Three Circle Theorems and Secants and Tangents
- IXL’s U.6 and U.7