We are going to do a little review of factoring Trinomials in preparation for Algebra 2.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
- Students will recall how to factor trinomials.
- Students will be able to factor trinomials with a leading coefficient of 1.
- Students will be able to factor trinomials with a leading coefficient greater than 1.
- There will be a Zoom help session today at 11:00 focused on converting equations of circles from general form to standard form. If you are stuck on this or haven’t done it yet, this would be a helpful session for you!
- Students will watch the following YouTube video on factoring trinomials with a leading coefficient of 1: https://youtu.be/BlTcuLNzM3c
- Students will then do IXL AA.4 from the Algebra page (Factoring quadratics with leading coefficient 1)
- Students will watch the following YouTube video on factoring with the Slide and Divide method, which is used when the leading coefficient is greater than 1. This is an awesome method that will be helpful for you to know! Here is the link: https://youtu.be/TU15PaFhj5o
- Students will then do IXL AA.5 from the Algebra page (Factoring quadratics with other leading coefficients)
- These days will be make-up days to work on finishing any assignments you have not yet completed. Please look in Gradebook and see if you have any missing assignments and work on getting those done to bring your grade up. Missing assignments are calculated in Gradebook as zeros, so they really hurt your grade! Message me if you have any questions!
- IXL AA.4 (Algebra section)
- IXL AA.5 (Algebra section)