Hi to all of my 8th graders and their families! I want you all to know that I miss seeing you and teaching you in person, but that I am going to do my best to teach you from a distance. I am still here for you and will help you as best as I can.
Where to find materials for online learning:
I am going to post my power points, notes, assignments, quizzes, videos and other resources on my Edmodo page. You can access Edmodo at Edmodo.com. It can also be accessed through the Edmodo app.
I will post instructions on how to make an account, and link up to your class, tonight. When you do sign up, please make it is for the correct class period. The codes for each class period will be listed on Classroom Connect and on Remind.
What you will need as we start online learning Monday, 3/30:
As we prepare to start online learning on Monday, 3/30, there are 3 things that you should make sure you have:
1) a copy of the Science Techbook (student workbook we will be using)
2) a copy of Unit 5, Lesson 3 from the text book (I will also post this on Edmodo under the folders tab)
3) printed copies of Unit 2, Lessons 1 and 2 and Unit 3, Lessons 2 and 3 from the text book (these were handed out before Spring break. If you were absent before break you will need to get these from school or print them off of Edmodo, they are also in the folders tab).
Please pick up these materials from school either on Thursday 3/26 or Friday 3/27 between 8am – 12pm.
Even though I am teaching from home and you are learning from home, you are still responsible for learning the material as best as you can. I will still be grading you on assignments and entering those grades into gradebook for the 4th quarter. The goal is that you have about 1 hour worth of science learning each day. Per Florida’s Governor, the FSSA (end of year test for 8th grade science) is cancelled for this school year. However, you still need to know the information we will be covering as you prepare to move up to 9th grade.
Turning in assignments:
You can turn in assignments to me several ways:
- Text- take a picture of the completed assignment with your phone and text it to me at: 321-270-0402.
- Email – email me a copy of the typed assignment or email a picture of it, as an attachment if possible.
- In person – (please use as a last resort) Hand-written assignments can be dropped off at the school on Mondays between 8am and 12pm.
However you choose to turn in your assignments please make sure your assignment has your name, date, and class period written clearly on it at the top right corner and that the hand-writing can be easily read.
Need help? Questions?
Please ask for help if you need it! This is important now more than ever. If you need to reach me for help on an assignment or notes, for any questions or concerns or just want to say hi you can reach me by calling or texting at this number: 321-270-0402 between 8:30 am – 9:30 am and from 5:00pm – 6:00pm Monday – Friday. You can also email me at my Ivy Hawn School email: email@example.com or message me through Remind.
Thank you to all of my 8th graders and their families for making this school year such a great one so far. I know that these current circumstances are not ideal, but let’s do our best and finish this school year strong! 🙂 I look forward to seeing you all again soon! Until then, stay healthy, safe, wash your hands and contact me if you need something!