8.RI.2.6 Determine an author’s point of view and analyze how the author responds to conflicting viewpoints.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
NEED HELP? HAVE QUESTIONS?
Sign up for a one-on-one Zoom session with Mrs. Rodgers using the link below. (if the link doesn’t work, copy and paste into your address bar)
DIRECTIONS FOR CANVAS
- Please login to Vportal and click the “Canvas” tile.
- All lesson plans and modules will be posted in Language Arts, not Reading.
- If you get lost, click the “Home” tab in the left menu.
- Daily Bell-Ringer Work (Discussions, Language Skills, etc.)
- Watch week 2 Announcements Video.
- Read or listen to The Outsider by H.P. Lovecraft (Close Reader) and complete the vocabulary review.
- Read or listen to Scary Tales by Jackie Torrence (Collections Textbook) page 99-101 and complete Analyzing the Text Questions on page 103. (Don’t forget to save to your notebook!)
- iReady Lesson – iReady is now located in your “digital resources” folder in your vPortal. Please select “Teacher Assigned Lessons” and complete the lesson on Evaluating Arguments for this week. You do not need to fill 45 min of work.
- Take the quiz on “Scary Tales” from your my.hrw.com homepage.
- Using page 103 in your Collections textbook, complete the Performance Task Assignment. Show in 1-2 paragraphs how you would prepare for this debate, completing all bullet points in the Performance Task. You do not need to practice orally.
- Scary Tales Quiz
- Performance Task: Argument Building
- iReady lesson
Canvas Modules (through Vportal)
my.hrw.com (Collections textbook, notebook, close reader, online quizzes)
iReady (through Vportal)