|Week #||Weeks 28-31 (March 21st-April 15th)|
|Unit of Instruction||The Solar System and Sun-Earth-Moon Relationship|
SC.8.E.5.8 Compare various historical models of the Solar System, including geocentric and heliocentric.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• explain how the length of year of a planet is related to the distance from the sun
• compare the atmospheres of the planets to the atmosphere of Earth in terms of surface temperature, including: o presence, absence, or relative thickness
• explain how the Earth stays in orbit because of its inertia and the gravitational pull of the sun
• explain how the tides are the result of the pull of gravity by the Sun and Moon.
• differentiate between solar and lunar eclipses
DIA April 14 & 15