Standards Addressed in Lesson:
• LAFS.5.RI.1.2 – Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details
• SS.5.G.1.1 – Interpret current and historical information using a variety of geographic tools.
• SS.5.G.1.2 – Use latitude and longitude to locate places.
• SS.5.G.1.3 – Identify major United States physical features on a map of North America.
|Learning Targets and Learning Criteria|
• Students will provide a statement of two or more main ideas of a text
• Students will explain geographic features on a physical map
• Students will describe information found on a political map
• Students will identify the lines of latitude and longitude
• Students will locate absolute locations using latitude and longitude
• Students will explain the purpose of latitude and longitude lines
• Students will explain geographic features on a physical map of North America
• Students will describe the key geographic features of North America
• Class & School procedures
• Map skills
• Review parts of speech
ALL IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.
If you have not yet signed up for my classroom Remind, please do so. Text @19Bartlett to 81010