Standards Addressed in Lesson:
• LAFS.5.RI.2.5 – Compare and contrast the overall structure 9eg., chronology, problem/solution…) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
• LAFS.5.SL.1.1 – Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
c. Pose and respond to specific questions by making comments that contribute to the discussion and elaborate on the remarks of others.
d. Review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions in light of information and knowledge gained from the discussions.
• LAFS.5.L.3.4 – Use Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
• LAFS.5.L.3.6 – Acquire and use academic and domain-specific words and phrases.
• LAFS.5.W.1.1 – Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
• LAFS.5.W.3.9b – Draw evidence from informational texts to support analysis and reflection.
• SS.5.A.5.1 – Identify and explain significant events leading up to the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.2 – Identify significant individuals and groups who played a role in the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.3 – Explain the significance of historical documents including key political concepts, origins of these concepts, and their role in American independence.
• SS.5.A.5.4 – Examine and explain the changing roles and impact of significant women during the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.5 – Examine and compare major battles and military campaigns of the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.6 – Identify the contributions of foreign alliances and individuals to the outcome of the Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.7 – Explain economic, military, and political factors which led to the end of the Revolutionary War.
• SS.5.A.5.8 – Evaluate the personal and political hardships resulting from the American Revolution.
• SS.5.A.5.9 – Discuss the impact and significance of land policies developed under the Confederation Congress (Northwest Ordinance of 1787).
• SS.5.A.5.10 – Examine the significance of the Constitution including its key political concepts, origins of those concepts, and their role in American democracy.
Vocabulary review – know definitions of roots and affixes
Rupt : burst
di- : two
bi- : two
post- : after
hypo- : below
ALL IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.
If you have not yet signed up for my classroom Remind, please do so. Text @19Bartlett to 81010