I apologize for the late posting
4/21 – spelling, vocab, reading tests
Reading – Novel Study Among the Hidden
Social Studies – Government test will be Tuesday 4/25 on Branches of Government. Students will bring packets home Friday after completing notes to study.
Spelling and Vocab
- Attract – to cause someone to choose to do or be involved in something; to cause someone to like or be interested in something or someone; to cause someone or something to go or move toward a place.
- Detract – to reduce the strength, value, or importance of something.
- Extract – to remove something by pulling or cutting it out; to get information from something or someone.
- Subtract – to take a number or amount from another number or amount.
- Traction – the force that causes a moving thing to stick against the surface it is moving along.
- Advance – to move forward; to make progress; to continue in the process of development.
- Adjacent – close or near; sharing a border, wall. Or point.
- Admire – to feel respect or approval for; to look at something or someone with enjoyment.
- Ambidextrous – able to use both hands equally well.
- Ambiguous – able to be understood in more than one way; having more that one possible meaning; not expressed or understood clearly.