Standards Addressed in Lesson:
• LAFS5.RI.1.1 – Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
• LAFS.5.RI.1.3 – Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical text based on specific information in the text.
• LAFS.5.RI.3.7 – Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
• LAFS.5.RI.3.9 – Integrate information form several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
• LAFS.5.RL.1.1 – Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
• LAFS.5.RL.4.10 – By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature at the high end of the grade 4-5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.
• LAFS.5.SL.1.1 – Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade 5 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly.
c. Pose and respond to specific questions by making comments that contribute to the discussion and elaborate on the remarks of others.
d. Review the key ideas expressed and draw conclusions in light of information and knowledge gained from the discussions.
• LAFS.5.L.3.6 – Acquire and use academic and domain-specific words and phrases.
• SS.5.A.6.2 – Identify roles and contributions of significant people during the period of westward expansion.
• SS.5.A.6.4 – Explain the importance of the explorations west of the Mississippi River.
We are done with spelling and vocabulary!
Field day is Friday. Weather permitting, we will be at the park for a few hours. We will have water and popsicles to help keep the kids hydrated and cool while we are out there and return to school at lunch time and spend the remainder of the day inside.
ALL IEP and ESOL accommodations will be provided daily.
If you have not yet signed up for my classroom Remind, please do so. Text @19Bartlett to 81010